Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIRUS ALERT.....UPDATE NOW
New virus came out yesterday afternoon and spread like wildfire. It infects through email and turns your PC
into a spam factory. Each spam it sends out contains the virus. I have gotten over 300 of these since yesterday
from every concievable domain name you can think of. All of them have attachments and random subject lines.

Check out www.symantec.com for details on this one. BAD STUFF.

Link to virus info
Luckily my norton antivirus updated today. I try to check it regularly, and luckily people dont send me many attachements unless i ask for them or give me a heads up. I had this one where someone from my contact list tried to get me to delete something in my windows folder. Not the best way to get rid of a virus. ^_^
Someone I know was on net five years before using any protection....
Here is some more information on that virus going around.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4065701/
points finger at grits standing in the corner, for shame, for shame.
It's definately some ubergeek who is pissed at SCO for suing Linux users. People infected will launch
a DoS attack against the sco.com website. Playing online should be REAL fun that day...lotta lag.

The maker also made it so the spoofed emailaddresses DONT have an .edu top level domain at the end.

NERDS!!
Quote:New virus came out yesterday afternoon and spread like wildfire. It infects through email and turns your PC
into a spam factory. Each spam it sends out contains the virus. I have gotten over 300 of these since yesterday
from every concievable domain name you can think of. All of them have attachments and random subject lines.

I never get e-mails. . so when i do it's generally a suspicious matter...and NO domain names can make contact with me because any unknown e-mails are deleted automatically before they even get to touch my inbox. or junkmail folder or whatever.
This would explain why you never wrote me back FF:D
Quote:any unknown e-mails are deleted automatically before they even get to touch my inbox

How do you delete mail BEFORE it reaches your inbox? That usually is what they call "I HAVE NO EMAIL"
Tak the Cruel,Jan 28 2004, 04:33 PM Wrote:The maker also made it so the spoofed emailaddresses DONT have an .edu top level domain at the end.

NERDS!!
There's talk on the security lists I'm on that there may actually be variants already out there, since people who mangae .edu domains and the security filtering for email of them have received a lotta mail.

.edu is apparently not so exempt. :/
Tak the Cruel,Jan 29 2004, 01:42 PM Wrote:
Quote:any unknown e-mails are deleted automatically before they even get to touch my inbox

How do you delete mail BEFORE it reaches your inbox? That usually is what they call "I HAVE NO EMAIL"
on hotmail. . i got my junk mail filter set to exclusive or whatever. . .and then I have it set to just delete the junk mail. . .rathre than ou tit in my junk mail folder...it takes up to much space so . .ya.
netniV,Jan 29 2004, 08:43 PM Wrote:
Tak the Cruel,Jan 28 2004, 04:33 PM Wrote:The maker also made it so the spoofed emailaddresses DONT have an .edu top level domain at the end.

NERDS!!
There's talk on the security lists I'm on that there may actually be variants already out there, since people who mangae .edu domains and the security filtering for email of them have received a lotta mail.

.edu is apparently not so exempt. :/
Ya they have already been reporting on CNN that there are "copycat" versions of it. They not only target the original site but also microsoft.com.
I do the same, as it means that only those I want get in.