Poll: Do you want to identify the original 2 year old community with a tag?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes...let's put a tag identifying the original 2 year old community on player's names.
55.00%
11 55.00%
No...we are one big happy clan of Players.
45.00%
9 45.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tribe or not to Tribe
As posted earlier in above...I proposed everyone of the original 2 year old community placing
a tag on their name to denote an original member of the first Tribe of ricochet. I thought of this
as a way to let the influx of newbies know we were here long before STEAM ruined the game.
I like the idea, but I think it would go best at the end and something very simple.
I agree to it cause when those newbs come in they start talking shit to us. I just want some R-E-S-P-E-C-T for my veteranship.
I just reaf Trippys post so I go against it and I think that all us regulars should get a tag.
I don't understand your second post. Isn't this what we are talking about..getting a tag?
That would be pretty cool, though I'm already wearing something like it:P
Wearing two tags looks like shit.
the true i think it will look good. its remind me the club with Hylander B)
Again, as ive stated before, this only adds to the seperation and makes it seam like were trying to be "above" other players.
Noooo....not separating everyone....just recognizing that you have been there from the start man. That you actually
know how to play this shit and you didn't start yesterday.
Who decides who is a veteran, and how would they go about this?
I like the idea, and we dont need to blend in with the steam crowd, blending in is bad, standing out is good.:)if we hadnt stuck it out with rico I bet it would have never made it to steam.
Quote:Again, as ive stated before, this only adds to the seperation and makes it seam like were trying to be "above" other players.

I agree with u tripp..
Anyway if we put some tags how do the newbs know what that means?? I think putting tags wont get us anywhere... community knows who are regulars and newbs dont know are we newbs or what until we own em.
We've done just fine this far without any community tags and I doubt steam will change anything.
For me its enough if community respects me.. dont care do the noobs respect me or not.
I am against that idea cause it is pointless. You think newbies will care if we are veterans? No...and I can recognize the regular players. Why you want to create a barrier between the veterans and the new players? They will feel rejected from our community and ricochet need more players. Being a veteran doesn't make you superior to the newbies.
Anyway, I don't really care about the result of this poll I won't add a tag to my name, I'll play with the name I want.
But if you want to add a tag of that kind in front of your name I have nothing against, it's your choice.
Just my thoughts :P
AGAIN....it's not about saying "Im superior"....it's about recognition that I (insert your name here) have
been here all along...that this is NOT a new game and I love it....and don't piss on my domain. I pretty much
think all of you know who is part of the original group...I would say probably 50 people or little more. It's not
like you can say HEY...YOU CANT wear that tag....its voluntary. But it's just a statement. I am playing the deathmatch
servers for about 2 hours a night now and I must say....they are almost 80% noobs. 50% hostile to ricochet.

Don't read so much into this as an exclusion thing. If some noob gets whiney and cries cuz he wants a veteran tag...
then give the poor baby a tag. I just think it would look neat to see so many people you know on different servers
with that one thing in common sticking out. People would say...wow....that's a big clan or something. And it would stir
up some conversation and let them know that we've been here for awhile and this is our domain.
Whats the point of the tags, i still dont get it. My first day back into ricochet, Grits 24/7 in like two months, the first person i played with was a complete newbie. Name of course- Player. Played well with him, explained the game, had a lovely conversation with him. Why seperate ourselves from other people? This is rediculous to be honest. A tag for "veterans"? And what classifies anyone as a veteran? Wanksta you say your a "vet" but hell i never remember seeing you in KAH at all. Or Pix for that matter in KAH ricochet back when i played, i started playing about same day as Frito and stopped playing once the PSL (power shot league) came into view, since it was rediculous. More competition and tournaments, seeing who can be "better" than the others. Your saying 2 year veterans? Who the hell in here has been playing this game for at least 2 years consistently ? No one probably. Not saying i doubt your hardcoreness or credibility to this game, but shit, im with Chent and everyone else on this its rediculous. Go ahead and put on the tag if you want, but ive been playing this game forever and i will take no part in it. Without "newbies" this games nothing, for all you know that Player your dissing could be the next greatest player. We all sucked at one point, talked shit probably at one point. Big deal, dont hate, dont seperate.
Forget it....i have said it 3 times......IT'S NOT ABOUT SEPARATING....IT'S ABOUT RECOGNITION. I know plenty of people who have been here for 2 years.
As soon as the HL update came out with this mod attached...I was in. Yes...I played on the KAH server until it mostly became populated by ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***s.
I spent the next year playing on Tonythepony server. I bet 90% of the players now can say without a doubt if Joe Blow was an original player. You've got a great database
of original players here in the Invision DB RIGHT NOW. Just forget it. I'm sure there will be another post with "it's not right to separate everyone". It won't be the newbies that kill this game, it will be the same old tired routine. Just trying to get something new going. It's the same debate of clans suck/clans don't suck. F' ing forget it. The community is so tatamount to arguing these days, it might be pleasant to talk to some new people anyway.
What do we need recognition for? Kicking some "newbies" ass whos "talking shit" should be enough recognition. And whos been here for actually TWO years pretty much unconditionally ?
Yes....kicking the aholes who say this game sucks has been my mission the last month. Honestly, I have been there for 2 years non-stop.
I haven't had a choice. I haven't bought any new games and gave up my 2 years previous of DoD which I loved. Ricochet is the only game
I have played on my time for the last 2 years. I even played it at work for awhile a year ago till it got too risky. Addiction at it's finest.
I wasn't PIX 2 years ago...I was /usr/local/gin
/usr/local/gin sounds familiar somehow actually, at least the local and gin part. I dunno, you remember playing me?
Hell yes...I remember the name Trippy by far. Hard to forget since tripping was what I was best at
in college.:P
Well if it is recognition you seek, then why not a little "ive been here for two years" as your sig on the forums. Odds are the only people who care about it, are the people on the forums anyway.
Hush Anon......or I will spank you in DM LOL!!!:P
Pix hush we all know the CAKEsters own DM.
hush all of you I am the only one around here allowed to do any spanking....oh wait that is a euphemism for beating him in game? nevermind:blsh:
Grits your twisted, have you been drinking ? Oh well, caps off to ya *pours some of his 40 on the curb*
I remember when I used to think /usr/local/gin was good... weird....
Muhahaha....I are good.

CAKE does kick some in DM. I LOVE playing them on DM. I usually find out who seems to know
how to actually play and play chase and remove head with them the whole game.

Makes it much more fun.

Oh and GRITS....I got your spanking right here.:P
yeah now im remembering user/local/gin whatever, means thats creepy pix why didnt ya tell me sooner.
yeah....i used it for years...but then some dope started using it in ricochet and called himself
/usr/local/binladen and i said....CHANGE IS HAPPENING NOW.