Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Cartoons
Hell we were talking about this on IRC lets see how can embrace and remember those classic cartoons. In specific im refering to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gi Joe, Transformers, and my personal favorite; THUNDERCATS. Anyone who didnt like thundercats can suck my sword of omens.
Thundercats was cool. This carton isn't so much a classic, but does anyone remember the Batman series before "Batman Beyond"? I simply loved that cartoon, very dark and mysterious, and serious.
oh yeah man i used to watch the old batman cartoon all the time. It was really messed up though. They had guns and drugs and shit, all about crime and crazy people. A couple of those episodes were downright depressing. Man no wonder im so messed up! its cus of batman!
I dont remember thundercats, although i've heard of it in remmintions with my friends, but i remember the others, (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gi Joe, Transformers) and remember likeing them, i was a huge nija turtles fan.
NINJA TURTLES WERE AWESOME, I watched them ALL the time back when I was like seven.
Batman : TAS (The Animated Series), Thundercats, Robotech, Exo-Squad, Inhumanoids, Go-Bots, Centurions, Bionic Six, M.A.S.K., Swat Kats, Count Duckula, Dungeons and Dragons, Ghostbusters, Robotix and Dino-Riders are a few that I liked for classic cartoons.

Most of those might be a little older then some of the people in here reading this... which is actually kind of scary. :D
Gah, I just realised that I knew all those :/
isnt go-bots and a lot of that stuff just new shit on cartoon network? I hate how they have also ruined old shows, via look at all the attempts at new transformers and gijoes and TMNT's. No one tried thundercats re-do, pfft.
Ok...are you ready?

Superfriends (came on early 70's but is now on again on CartoonNetwork).
Cartoon Network rules... but you never get any work done whilst it's on... plus that would mean getting a sky/cable box first
I remember watching Rambo and Heman....
Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, Sid & Marty Kroft PowerHour (which had Sigmund & the SeaMonsters,
The Bugaloos, Far Out Space Nuts, and others), Thundar the Barbarian, Godzilla and Godzuki, Ultraman,
Shazzam, Isis, Starblazers, Johnny Quest and Land of the Lost.

All great American Saturday morning shows in the 70's for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

H.R puff and stuff :thumb:also remember watching a show called Jonny socko, wasnt really a cartoon but it was a little japaniese kid that would ride on his giant robots shoulder and save the world. oh yeah and dont forget "grape ape"
I remember this one cartoon that was set in Tokyo. It was about this ninja kid who would save the world. I dont know the name but i would watch it every saturday morning. And strangely I would watch my little pony also.:blsh:
Grape Ape was on the Laugh-O-lympics...where all the cartoons were competing in olympic events.
omg Gi Joe rocked. Me, my bro and my cousín had gi joe figures when we we're younger and we played with em for hours. I also should have somewhere action force comics.. ^_^
Anyone remember when fox used to play GOOD saturday morning cartoons? you know "Bobby's World" "Eek the cat"...you name it. The only way to describe it now is "Digimon"
Yeah kids of today are really into japanimation series, which isn't a bad thing, lots of us like animes too.
don't get me wrong japanimation is cool, like "Ghosts of the shell" or something but kids today just don't have a taste in GOOD anime. . . just my opinion anyways
I know some anime is good but my sis watches a show called BeyBlade or something like that which can get pretty annoying at times. I loved the Ninja Turtles and would watch it all the time. Know my Ninja Turtles collection is worth about $50,000 dollars in value.:DI also liked GI Joe but never had any action figures but I made up for that in Ninja Turtles.
I watched and some of em i still do Gundam, DBZ (wit eng subs), Robotech, Pinky & the Brain, Tom & Jerry, Ghost in the Shell (Dunno if it was a series are not been a while), Trigun, Old Batman, and Scooby. Thats just to name a few
GitS = Ghost in the shell It was a movie and then I believe it was broken up into 6 OAV or something like that. Ghost in the Shell 2 was released as a book (just like the first one) and is either now or was just finished being made into an anime.

I agree that most kids don't like good animes, but I think thats because most of the better animes were "kiddified" so that they could be played over here. Take sailormoon for example. Its the biggest example of kiddified that I can think of. From what I have heard it was basically a soap opera over in Japan with nude scenes and everything. There are also lesbians and cross dresses and other things in it.

Its now been made so that 6 year old girls can watch it. No nude scenes, no lesbian kisses (no lesbians at all actually, they made them into "cousins") Later in the series there are guys that the sailor scouts fall in love with, that when they "power up" transform into girls (least thats what I've heard and read)

DBZ is almost as bad, but wasn't kiddified as much. There is this one sceen thou that Gokou is trying to fall asleep and puts his head on bulmas lap. It feels different so he feels her with his hand (while shes asleep) He then takes off her underware and screams out something like "your pee pee is gone, someone stole it!!!!" This is just after he met her in dragonball series and at that point he had not seen a women only his grandfather.

Anyway, alot of the old cartoons are wicked because thats what we grew up with.
oh yeah i saw the gits movie plus i got the manga. Hardcore shit it is.
VOLTRON!
I love Ghost in the Shell, I have the DVD.
Voltron ROCKED!!! :) I wasn't as big about the vehicle voltron as I was the 5 lions (which I still have the toy for thou its not in the greatest condition.)

I also have transformers and gobots toys and videos. :D Some day when I can do video capture i'm gonna record all the gobot tapes. :) I still watch for them in the flee markets too, but I haven't seen any for a while:(
The Japaneese do have their animation down to a science...but I still laugh when they try to
create a big eye Caucasian person and he has a name like Yokahama or Suzuki. You think they
would call him Bill or Bob.

I used to watch Volton before I went to work every afternoon. What was the big toon that really
started the mech thing? Wasn't it BattleTech or something?
Some of Battletech's were based off of Macross which is anime. Due to a lawsuit the Macross Mechs were removed from Battletech thou. http://www.mektek.net (the other website I work at) have a mod for Mech 4 Mercs that puts in a couple of the "unseen" mechs into the game, more are coming soon. :D

Anyway for me it was Robotech that got me really interested in anime. Its more of a hybred then an actual anime. 3 totally unreleated animes fused together by an american company to make a show for american kids. And it worked. :D
ROBOTECH....that was the one I was thinking about.
if anyone knows a site that sells real Thundercats episodes on dvd's post it here...