Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHH YES....THIS IS FUN.
I used to hack, not anymore but i "used" to. Now I stop hackers and get them banned since I have admin privelages on a few servers.
woot....new server comin up eh? that will be fun. I am so tired of tossing discs lately that i can scream.

I think you will find it quite entertaining GRITS.
GRITS,Jan 5 2004, 09:08 PM Wrote:hint hint nudge nudge ...is that what you are saying anon? and
wank didnt you say you hack?
and 16 the purpose of the new CS server will be for players not up to snuff...well sort of
Not really sure what ya mean by snuff, but we won't need your server to have a match because my clan already has one.
16-tha-pimpteen,Jan 6 2004, 11:17 AM Wrote:
GRITS,Jan 5 2004, 09:08 PM Wrote:hint hint nudge nudge ...is that what you are saying anon? and
wank didnt you say you hack?
and 16 the purpose of the new CS server will be for players not up to snuff...well sort of
Not really sure what ya mean by snuff, but we won't need your server to have a match because my clan already has one.
- up to snuff : of sufficient quality : meeting an applicable standard
it is a saying that means not the 'leet' so that they can play and learn and not get pulverized. Doesn't mean some of the players arent close to professional just means they will accept those of us that are far from it.
So will us pretty good players be shunned on this server for kicking some ass with that autosniper??

i'm ready to .50 cal NetNIV from a good camping spot...lol.:P
guess we have to accept 'pretty good' players with the same tolerance that I expect from them...but you bring up a good point...how does everyone feel about campers? (not just PIX) good, bad or indifferent? we should probably have 'acceptable' rules just so people know..this is new to me any and all input on this game is appreciated
Everyone will camp at some point in the game. The camping term actually came from CS i believe.
You can't punish anyone for camping. You can berate them pretty good, but it's all part of the game.
Camping is different in each person's eyes. If someone is hiding to take out 3 or 4 guys,
then it's their damn fault for not looking for him. If someone is camping and it is making EVERYONE
who is dead wait and they are being REAL stupid, then you should usually start a kick vote and let
the server players decide. The player will see his name come up for vote and will usually reevaluate
his actions quickly.

Only problems I see on servers are hackers and people who are AFK because they had something to do
and don't want to lose their spot on a fixed player server.
I like to consider CS home of the ultimate whiner, they are one step away from complaining about being shot. So i pretty much agree with freefall, except i'm not to sure of the orgins of the term camping. FIrst i heard it was playing multiplayer goldeneye on N64.
"Camping" dates back to Quake, possibly even Doom.
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Jan 6 2004, 01:12 PM] So i pretty much agree with freefall
glad to hear you agree that i have been using pistols.
Camping is only acceptable if it helps accomplish the teams mission in my opinion. Otherwise its a big no with a few exceptions, like for a hostage map maybe a strategically placed sniper will camp to get people chasing the rescuer. That's the only time camping is acceptable to me really. It's just annoying to see a terrorist camp spawn on a bombing map.
I hate autosniper campers,walk ten feet... look around... get shot from a mile away..man, got to love it, but I try and deal with them. will we be able to limit weapons on the server? like "no awps" sometimes?
I beleive that is a normal command frito if not it is in adminmod. I know I have seen it on the SuperFriends server. What I am asking from HOLDOUTS is to give me that same server and let me change or remove the things we dont want. the start up money is high and the bomb timer is short, it has chicken mod, that is why I asked for input, I would like to 'build it' where the most ppl will enjoy it
Yeah, adminmod has that capability, it says so in the manual.
whatver you do please just PLAY THE GAME and not try to limit the guns <_<
amen on that Pique.
How bout let's get the server going before everyone 'strips' it of all its features.
deal
I am trying to set it up so that addons etc are on it from the get go but I guess we can run it for a week or so and then readdress the topic
I am going to use the default money and keep chickenmod, no bots and 30 min maps I forget the maps that are on the server, any suggestions as to bomb time and maplist
you guys forget I know nothing about CS
I know the de_dust map and icyworld looked cool those are the only two I really have experience with at all
leave the bomb time at default. Any shorter and the cops have NO chance of running and defusing; any longer and the slowest cop can have a picnic on
the C4 and defuse it.
dust, office,iceworld, aim_ak_colt (or whatever it's called), Aztec (I don't really like it but I know a lot of people do), sa_treetops (i played it for the first time yesterday and it was fun), scoutzknivez. . . .those are just a few maps i can think of..

EDIT: And Italy. . .I like that map. . .whew, almost forgot it
I always liked survivor, to people still play that?

Side note, can you add all the other servers to the server page on the website? I use it to check our servers all the time.
i played survivor with freefall recently. i really like it but a lot of the people that were there thought it sucks. i like dust2 better than dust. i also like inferno and militia. i'm not that fond of prodigy or vegas.
everyone is playing dust, dust2, inferno, office, italy, cobble, prodigy, aztec and train

I agree not to put custom maps on, it will surely kill the crowd with the downloads.
maybe we should run the default maplist (likely includes all maps that come with cs) and make a decision on removing or adding certain maps later. to be honest, i haven't had a chance to play all the standard maps but looking at some pictures, i would like to try 747 and tundra.
If you want to attract a crowd of stereotypical CSers, put on deathmatch maps (knife arenas or free weapon arenas). I personally want to at least try a decent assassination or escape map.
escape maps were by far the LEAST popular maps in the general concensus.

they are also VERY large maps.

747 was a cool map but the plane geometry was rediculously silly. It was like
one of those cartoons where the 1 room house from the outside turns into the
huge mansion on the inside. Speaking of mansion...that was a pretty fun map too.
Yeah, es_ was never very popular, but that sounds more like a good thing given the nature of popular maps.
I used to love mansion, but hardly is it ever played now..., you'll entertain the widest range of people with the cal season maplist, which is pretty much all the de maps in the default download of cs. Some custom map faves of mine are:
awp_map
scoutzknivez
cs_deagle5

I'll get more to you later..., I don't have a lot of maps right now in my steam map list, however I used to have over 300 maps back on WON.

The only beef I have with chicken mod is when admins will randomly chicken themself or another person. Pisses me off to no end when that happens.
escape maps aren't even coded in anymore
Quote:everyone is playing dust, dust2, inferno, office, italy, cobble, prodigy, aztec and train

i kind of see wha's point. why, exactly, are we trying to attract these people? isn't the reason of starting a new cs server to get away from most of them? there are thousands of cs servers to play those maps.