Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 Most Influential Albums In Your Life
lotsa thinknig involved on this one, But I think i've sorta narrowed it down. Note: These bands are not necissarily influential to my personal life or music alone, they may influence one, the other, or both.

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
They were pretty much one of the first bands that I really got into, so naturally Mr. Reznor is greatly influential for me. And some of it will most likely be sticking around for a long while if not for the rest of my life. He created his own sound, created a new genre and with that he built a record company. His ambition and music combined influence how I treat my mine. The Fragile to me is the best. NIN has only gotten better with time and can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

Tool - Ænima
Again, one of my originals. They're an all around good band. I belive SoulEvan said it best in his post.

lastly, but not least. and believe me these are in no specific order.

Radiohead - Amnesiac
Unbelievable. Some people may hate the way they sound, I know a lot who dislike their whimsy, crazy, creepy sound. but why? They have along with the other bands shaped and influenced my music to be a sound of it's own. Amnesiac is an awesome album, the lyrics/ guitar/ drums/ synth/ bass. all of it. the way it comes together is just amazing.

I'm gonna have to pull a beastie with honorable mentions, because there are far more bands influencing me than those 3:
Pink FLoyd - Dark Side of the Moon (although all of it is good)
Incubus - Make yourself (gotta include incubus. all of their albums are awesome)
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream ( again, all albums good, notice a pattern anyone?)
A Perfect Circle - Thriteenth Step
Filter, Kyuss, Led Zepplin, The Melvins, Primus (go les claypool!), Mudvayne, Monster Magnet, Queens of the Stone Age, Mars Volta, Deftones, King Crimson. . . . I can go on for all too long so I'll stop there.

Messages In This Thread
Top 3 Most Influential Albums In Your Life - by FreeFall - 05-11-2004, 04:10 PM