Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashlee Simpson makes an ass of herself live.
Last night on SNL, on live Television, Ashlee Simpson made an ass of herself. Her first song was an obvious lip-synch, it's as if she didn't know the song she was singing. Okay, first of all, I thought SNL only allowed live performances, apparently this is no longer true. The "made an ass of herself" part came at the end, her second performance. I laughed hard, it was actually the only time I laughed during the whole show, she failed to lip-synch, the pre-recorded track messed up, they played the wrong one or something. Not knowing what to do, she did a little hillbilly jig and finally decided to walk off the stage leaving her band there with smirks on their faces continuing to play, shortly afterwards NBC going into commercials. The worst part about this is when they came back, she blamed her band for "playing the wrong song". What a horrible excuse, and what a <several lines of bad words here> piece of trash industry ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***. Granted, her voice does suck, she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a microphone (and that's why they made her lip-synch, I'm guessing), but COME ON, if you're going to say something like this in an interview, you don't go ahead, be a hypocrite and lip-synch:

Interview with "Lucky Magazine"

LM: What are your takes on lip-synching?

AS: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

Here are the videos, first, her screwing up: http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

Then the "apology" (blame on band): http://www.askross.com/Ashlee.avi

Hope you got a laugh from this:)

ps. I really hate pop music.

[Image: ashleeeee.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Ashlee Simpson makes an ass of herself live. - by _Acid_Head_ - 10-24-2004, 10:31 AM