Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RICOCHET: A Clan History
So Grits had asked us to post on the Steam forums about clans a while back... and I guess I was high or something because I spent like an hour LATE at night writing this post... anyways... over a year later I stumble across it again. I think I may have missed like one or two MINOR clans, but I got ALL the big ones all the way up to when I left in May of last year.

It's a pretty good read, I think.:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CloudFuel -

Ok Gritsy wanted this so here it goes.. oh and it's like midnight, so bear with me.

I started this game out very soon after it came out by complete accident, of course. Being a lover of new things, I tried my best to work through the "retartedness" of this newfound game and soon discovered that I, like most of here, was quite inexorably hooked on Ricochet. I played many hours and many days, just unable to put it away. Soon I began noticing more players lining the community and eventually clans began to emerge. The VERY first clan I saw was the |NONE| clan, headed by ...hmm... Creator09 I believe was his name. Anyways I joined this clan temporarily, but then ran into Knightmare one day and was absolutely blown away by his skills. I'd been gaining quite an impressive amount of respect by the "regulars" but this guy quite literally put me in my place and tore me up. He beat me something like 28 times straight.. it was horrendous. I soo vowed to take him down, but didn't see him for awhile. Then I ran into KP, or Korean Priest, and beat him and later found out he and Knight were pals. SOOOooo I offered a proposition to these gentleman.. if I could beat Knight once, I would be allowed entry into the clan.

I joined [KIA] about 2 hours later and felt that this was the FIRST major clan to debut at this time. Noxious, a good friend of mine, and SiNbOn and Ashton and babyface and others were involved in a clan called |s| (ie Noxiou|s|, |S|inbon, A|s|hton, etc) and they were pretty freaking decent.

KIA died after awhile.. we gathered up members like Davion, Gemakk, Phyxious, Hylander (from MoS), and these players are some of the best to date. This clan died and Davion and Gemakk started up |APS| or Angry Penguin Squad. In this clan was those two, Hylander, and a bunch of other awesome players... and this was the first clan that I saw that began actually having major auditions for clan entry. I didn't really want to join a clan again so I stuck it out alone. This is how I met the wonderful Shakira.

Shakira would kick EVERYONE's asses without second thought and it was so awesome. She always cracked me up and I loved playing her. Much like Knight, she'd challenge my skills and make me want to become better and eventually I did. She had a great chance of getting into APS, but she being so sweet did not want in unless I went in.. and I didn't want to join. So we decided on creating uT or the unTouchables.

uT and RiP were REALLY the first two powerhouses that were actively going against each other. prO was around for quite a while with members like Newbie, Fritoman, Blazed, etc. but it was kinda wishy-washy with management and leadership. After speaking with Shaki, I had Quickening, Fritoman, Phyxious, Knightmare, Noxious, Razor9, and Jabbahunt join the clan and man we had a blast. It was such fun and so cool to hang with these guys, but then it turned kind of ugly. The crowds wanted in REALLy badly and I felt pressure from all sides, so we held some tryouts where Running With Scissors, Magoo, Power & Glory, PiX, Chica Bonita, Chentvin, Morning Star, SoulSolution, and Limitless ended up joining the clan. We were QUITE huge and felt out of control. RiP was stacked quite nicely as well and I felt that this time could be best explained as a sort of coldwar or arms race between us two clans... as if we were trying to have the better players. They'd challenege us and most of us were like nah... we don't wanna do that, but some did and it was fun and all. We also started the tournaments in this little era of Ricochet.

I then had to take leave and Shakira left Rico for good... so I kinda left things be and the clan ended up splitting for the most part. Pix, JabbaHunt, Fritoman, and Power and Glory joined up in the clan OldSkool and did some cool stuff there. Morning Star, Chentvin, and some others came up with [VVV] and then I believe [GAG] and some other clans like [EViL] emerged. Oh there was a clan way back when called [RECTUM]... that's where the awesome player Pique could be found.

This pretty much bring us to now.. I am still leader of the clan the unTouchables, RiP is still alive with many awesome members like G-Boy, Acid_Head, Lil\Face, The_End, and many more... VVV is kicking very much and everyone's having a good time I suppose. Clans in ricochet are more liek clubs than the clans you might think of when referring to TFC or CS... for there just isn't much team action. There is, however, team responsibilities and all that good stuff. I know I'm very much of an idealist, so I'd plan out everything to the T pretty much for uT and yea it worked well most of the time. I just miss the players of old and the attempts at Leagues and Tournaments.

I would love for this game to not necessarily hit big, but receive enough budgeting to where it could be taken care of and fixed properly and then possibly be brought mainstream where leagues and tournaments will be more of a reality than they are now.

I hope this game lasts... it is DEFINITELY worth having around. The fun of the game, the awesome community, the cool friends... it just doesn't get much better than a good game of rico with your pals of old on a nice saturday afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know all that happened afterwards.. but it looks like RiP, Ripped.. and we've got the first "just hanging out having a good time, feel good clan" or "club" known as KFC. Feel free to fill in the blanks.. or anything I missed. :thumb:

Messages In This Thread
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by CloudFuel - 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by Quickening - 06-10-2005, 10:35 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by Miagi - 06-10-2005, 11:00 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by GRITS - 06-10-2005, 11:33 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by Gragoon - 06-10-2005, 01:28 PM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by Guest - 06-12-2005, 06:42 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by MaGoo. - 07-26-2005, 09:38 PM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by smartass - 07-26-2005, 10:32 PM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by GRITS - 08-01-2005, 08:31 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by _Acid_Head_ - 08-02-2005, 05:46 AM
RICOCHET: A Clan History - by _Acid_Head_ - 08-17-2005, 11:47 PM