Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka
WoW is the problem you say but you also say its only 6 people playing it. Obviously then it's NOT the problem.

This community started the slow down way before people started playing WoW thats a fact. We had alot of teenage members over the past few years that have graduated from high school and gone off to college or the military. As anybody already knows once you get out of HS gaming time shrinks due to various factors.

Another reason is that this community was based on a niche game mod that had 0 support from Valve. Mods alone tend to not have much support except the few that break out. We were behind the 8 ball from the get go and I think we did a good job dealing with those issues for a few years. Plus I think some people just got bored with Rico and moved on. If we were a community based on a popular game Battlefield, UT, Quake, etc. then yeah we would have no problem.

It's an over 5 year old mod of a 9 year old retail game so in that aspect you can't expect much today. Is it time to move on and pick another game? I think so.

What will it take to change things? It's not an easy answer if it can even be answered at this time. Part of the answer is we need a new game thats the obvious part. Getting to that point is the difficult part. Maybe a HL2 mod will pop up. Maybe it's time for people here to shell out $50 for a new retail game. I know what I will be playing this fall, but I can't force other people to play with me. Like I said yesterday though it's time for suggestions not blaming Grits, Miagi, or myself like you did.

It's up to the Admins to run the place and provide the services, but its up to the community to maintain it. Over the years we had tried differant games. Day of Defeat was run by a community member for a couple months. I personally ran a UT2004 server for a few months back in 04. I convinced Grits to dump the old HLDM server and change it to HL2DM. That was successful for around 6 or so months. You can ask a few people how much heart and soul I poured into that till it died out. Even Miagi added the arcade a few weeks ago to spur activity around here. That has worked in getting people to come around the forums a little more at least. There are more people who have contibuted over the years, but I am typing this as things cross my mind so my apologies if I left people out.

I think considering how Grits works almost every day it seems, Miagi now starting a new job, and myself who puts in a 60 hour work week for the first half of every year we "Admins" do a friggin decent job. Real life comes first then the internet/games stuff. To act like we are to blame for the way things are around here is despicable at best.

No one has a gun to your head if you want to leave though personally thats a dumb reason to. What is with the "I don't know how much longer I can wait around"? How does that solve anything but compound the problem I stated. You can be a part of multiple communities around the internet, but you make it sound like we are holding you hostage or something.
[Image: b_560x95.png]

Messages In This Thread
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Noose - 09-07-2007, 11:09 AM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Noose - 09-08-2007, 02:05 AM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Power and Glory - 09-08-2007, 12:38 PM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Miagi - 09-08-2007, 03:06 PM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Noose - 09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by 8-up - 09-09-2007, 08:53 AM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Annatar - 09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Miagi - 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by 8-up - 09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
The cancer that's killing Vadavaka - by Miagi - 09-10-2007, 07:06 PM