Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we alone in the Universe?
Alright, I have no idea what rush just said....

Anyway, without a doubt there is life elsewhere in the galaxy. I personally believe they've visited, at least some of the reports are true, not all abductions can be explained by sleep paralysis (although most can), and there are some amazing stories and UFO evidence. Now, I know what you're thinking, "he believes in all of that crap?" Well, not necessarily. In my eyes, a lot of what has happened is completely unexplained, and I get a feeling there is something to extraterrestrials visiting. I don't think people are randomly abducted and anally probed, I don't think every photo of a flying saucer is real. I just think there are some cases which are intriguing, and if there is a different explanation, that's cool. Say we were put in a situation where we found life on another planet and could visit and such. We wouldn't go to some primitive culture and announce ourselves, we'd have scientists and robots and such go in, take samples, test, study, blah blah. What to we do with creatures in the deep ocean? We abduct them, take them to the surface on our ships for research.
Some intriguing cases to look up... the Allagash Four, Lights over Phoenix, and the story that the movie "Fire in the Sky" is based on.
And to explain sleep paralysis. The body releases a neurotransmitter while you sleep to keep your body from acting out your dream. Sometimes you'll be almost asleep, thinking about something, and you twitch an arm. That's because this chemical has not been released yet. Sleep paralysis occurs when you wake up during REM sleep, the dreaming part of sleep. Your body is still paralyzed, and there is a residue of your dream. So basically, you are awake, cannot move, and you can hear voices, feel a presence, and may see things or feel like you're floating. It is one of the most terrifying experiences possible, and many abduction cases can be explained by this because people wake up, see aliens, think they are paralyzed by mind control, etc. I have experienced sleep paralysis once, and incidentally I had a dream about aliens at the time, and I felt like there was something in the room. I called out, but nothing came out. I fell asleep and realized what had happened later. Believe me, it was scary as hell. Anyway, just little tidbits for ya... I've researched some of the paranormal, and my dad used to investigate some of it.

Messages In This Thread
Are we alone in the Universe? - by PuNkGirL - 03-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Wha? - 03-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by [CAKE]rUsh - 03-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by g-boy - 03-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Wha? - 03-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by g-boy - 03-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Wha? - 03-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Gwarsbane - 03-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by [CAKE]rUsh - 03-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by g-boy - 03-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by noxious - 03-07-2003, 09:52 PM