Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we alone in the Universe?
Before I start, I would like to warn you that I probably ramble a lot, and most likely topic jump a fair amount. It's just that there is a lot to say, and this is a forum, not a magazine.

I know a guy who himself has experienced SP, and did experience a lot of that stuff. Frankly, I can't allow myself to believe that any of it happened for real without sufficient evidence, though it seems like most people who go through it seem to believe it was real, since no evidence exists to the contrary. That is really cool though. I'm definately going to read up on this. It sounds like you're dreaming while you lie awake, and are conscious of the fact you cant move, so you get anxious, or even all out terrified, and the dream takes on that tone.
Come to think of it, that would be the opposite of sleep walking, so I guess it makes sense. The only problem is you need to have somebody there to witness the event to have any valid opinion of what went on.

There has to be more to it than random thoughts, or there would be no similarity in detail between accounts. Maybe some biochemical similarity between all people succeptable?

Is there any way to induce this state? I'm fascinated by this, and hope to experience it at some point.

Another thing, does anyone know how awake you are? ie. can you talk out loud

Oh, and can you remain awake long enough to come out of it, or do you fall back asleep?

Jeez, now you've kicked my scientific curiosity into gear. This is gonna be obsessing me for weeks now. :intrigued:

::PostScript::
I completely agree that we do similar things to "alien abductions" when researching other life on the planet. The only things I can see impeding such things from happening would be
a.) the distance needed to be traveled, and
b.) the conquering tendancies a species must have to be a top predator. Being on top of your food chain/web/whatever is a required feature of life which must be developed in a species to lead to intelligence. A rule based on the principle that always being wary of your surroundings makes it hard to be lazy and/or creative, thereby creating demand for (and mental means for creation of) tools.

::PostPostScript::
Quote:Unless of course you can figure out how something can be created from nothing.(good luck)
Maybe not figure out, but it does happen. I would need to brush up on quantum physics, but I know it happens. Sort of a Schrödinger's Cat superposition. Well, exactly that, only jumping between the states, rather than existing in each simultaneously.

However, "It is a primitive form of thought that things either exist or do not exist". Or to think that there was ever a beginning beyond which was nothing. Just because it's hard to comprehend, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't logical. But again, I would need to brush up on quantum and astrophysics to give a better answer.

Messages In This Thread
Are we alone in the Universe? - by PuNkGirL - 03-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Wha? - 03-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by [CAKE]rUsh - 03-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by g-boy - 03-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Wha? - 03-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by g-boy - 03-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Wha? - 03-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by Gwarsbane - 03-06-2003, 01:14 AM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by [CAKE]rUsh - 03-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by g-boy - 03-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Are we alone in the Universe? - by noxious - 03-07-2003, 09:52 PM