Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School
I just might be lucky if I start gaining weight. For me it's pretty much been incremental. I'm 6 feet tall and I only weigh 155. :P I'm really bad about not paying attention in class to what I don't find interesting, and I don't find a lot of things the least bit interesting.

Physics for example. I'm pretty interested in all of the concepts, but when it boils down to laws, I don't really care. Right now I'm really interested in electric fields, unfortunately we are only tip-toeing across the surface.

Oh yeah, an it's mostly boring since I more or less know how a lot of the stuff works. :( I wish I could get A's for creative thinking about things that relate to the subject rather than doing what teachers want me to. ^_^
a b
Hahahahahahah, sounds like me. I guess the only way to get by is to put faith in only the ones I love. As homo as that may sound. :lol:
College kicks some serious ass, but high school was just plain bullshit.
i was discussing this the other day w/ wha? and some dem other cake boys (lol). i dislike school or any other kind of formal education. it robs from the soul and kills the mind. i felt much more enriched when i was persuing my own projects and following my own research.
school works till you reach 9th grade when they stop teaching you anything (english for example: who needs 4 more years of how a noun works?). But before 9th grade school actually worked, you couldn't pursue your own research without the knowledge of basic math. How hard do you think it would be to study Calculus without algebra (i took in 8th grade...) or even basic math? You would NEVER understand integrals or limits or anything that calc has to offer. imagine looking at the integral from 1 to 2 of 3x^2. We all know that is 7. Of course we arrived at this by taking hte integral of 3x^2 which is x^3. THEN we plugged 2 and 1 into our answer (algebra since it has to do with exponents and variables) we took those two answers and subtracted the first one 2^3 minus the second one 1^3 to get 7 (basic math).

So there i know all that wasn't necessary but i like to explain my weird theories before ppl decide i am pulling this out of my ass
Excellent point alice! Except I STILL explain all of my crack pot theories by making stuff up off the top of my head. Or bottom. :blink:

Not to mention I've, unfortunately, gotten into the nasty habit of not doing anything that doesn't strike interest in me.

Wow 6AM. Look at you! So hardcore into the forums, huh? ^_^(Ugh...maybe I should've stayed in bed today.)
lol i posted it 7:00^_^and it was before school and i had nothing better to do
I think most older people like myself really truly enjoyed high school. It was the ones who got beat up or picked on
that despise it. Proms, chicks, playing football (real football...the oblong one) and NO BILLS were the best. I promise you,
in 20 years you will beg to go back just one day.
At first I was agreeing with pg (Alice?) until I noticed the lowercase i's, the sentences also beginning in lowercase, and the run-on sentences. Hehe, I think the rest of the class continued learning after 9th grade.

(disclaimer... my grammer and forumspeak isnt perfect either, just thought it was funny in context)

I sit at my job at times just as bored as you sit in school, Slash. I am at my job right now in fact. It's all good though. I usually sit and think about other things, make lists, and surf the net.

Sometimes I like to make random face armies... <_<<_<<_<<_<:ph34r:<_<<_<<_<<_<

Anyone who is bored is welcome to check out Beastie's Babbles in the debate sub forums. It's there to prevent boredom and to promote thought. Going well so far!

Later
Beastie
And people wonder why the economy is in recession and inventions are stagnating.
meh i could live with weight gain and kids. It's the geniouses that think bringing guns to schools will solve something, or joining gangs will protect them. High school is like being inproisioned and your punishment was being a kid. Do you guys know that the government of Ontario (Canada, duh:P) makes us do 40 hours of "community service," mandodtory volunteer work, basically, i'm not ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ing about it, just remeber the grass is always greener on the other side.
If anyone has ever filled out a college entrance form, then they will remember the part about all the volunteer activities and hours you have performed. That is looked upon heavily in scholarship determination in addition to grades and activities. If we had to do that here in the States, then teens would be better off in their higher education. Christ, I thought the ROTC guys were dweebs but I would have done it if I had the chance again just for the application experience. Everything in your life is about 'what I can put on my resume'. I know that sounds like a corporate copout, but when you get into your 20's and 30's you will realize that your career is what you have worked all those young years to reach. Ok..enuff said...I'm going to fix my nightly corporate vodka martini....

Cheers.:blink:
Why do the old threads always get brought up. On another forum I turned off e-mail notifications off about a week after I started using it, because there were too many. For the next week I still got notifications from threads that were created while I had it turned off, then they dissapated. Today, I got one from a thread that was started Feb 8th, 03. I couldn't resist poking fun at the kid for starting a thread that was almost 3 months old.