Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix Reloaded
Yeah, I think we all noticed. And as I said... stay until the end of the credits to see the preview for Revolutions. (let's just say there's plenty of Agent Smith....)
And that didn't happen in Neo's dream... they were just showing it to us so we understood that the bearded guy is Agent Smith. You also notice, as Neo and the gang were trying to leave Zion, that the guy infected with Agent Smith was about to take a knife to the real world Neo. Until that nagging kid called and gave him the spoon. Smith was the one survivor... he's the one who set off the EMP and caused all the ships to get slaughtered.
He was also cutting his hand before he tried to strike Neo because he never felt pain before.

Quote:Neo is a program
Sion is a program
everything in he matrix is a program..

Lots of people were talking about this possible ending... it would just seem too stupid.
I don't think The Architect is lying. In the very beginning you see Agent Smith walk up the alley and start talking to a copy of himself. He says, "It's happening exactly as before." Then the copy says, "Well, not exactly." He follows up this statement with a smile, referring to the fact that Agent Smith is an "exile" program now. Why would he lie to a copy of himself? I didn't notice this till I saw the movie a second time, but if it is as you say g-boy, this entire sequence would be completely useless/nonsensical.
is neo the bug and mr. smith dr. norton?
I have yet to watch this second movie, but the it couldn't have been nearly as bad as anyone has said if it's drawing all of this creative feedback from you all. Admit it. It was an awesome action movie as well as a huge thinker. ^_^ I just hope I get to watch it before I'm thrown into solitary. :o
I know no one is going to like to hear this from anybody, and I'm not going to elaborate, but I was kind of dissapointed with it. All this coming from a guy who has seen the 1st one 41 times. Brokend can back me up on this too.
jabbahunt,May 26 2003, 10:48 AM Wrote:is neo the bug and mr. smith dr. norton?
its possibly the other way round - since like a virus Smith is turning good data into clones of himself ><
I never said I wasn't disappointed, the fact that I gave it an A- instead of an A+ proves this point. Most people complained about it not making sense or being complete. They'd then follow up this statement with, "I never saw the first movie." :bh:The fact is, the first movie was something completely new that reinvented how some of us look at movies. You can not expect them to do that THREE times.
Also the argument from lots of people is that the story is incomplete... that's because... it IS INCOMPLETE. That's why there is a third and final one in November.
well, when i said dissapointed, i meant like C- dissapointed. As a continutation of the last matrix (plot wise) it was ok, but as a movie it was pretty bad in a lot of ways.
RuNnInG_wIth_ScISsOrS,May 18 2003, 11:52 PM Wrote:Movie reviewers like Slate made me believe this movie was going to be abosolute shit and lack any form of plot. I felt that I didn't want to waste 9.50 on a showing and just buy the damn dvd when it came out. Only then though, did I realize that every review I had read had been completely different from the last. They varied from F's to A's to just a good old fashion C. I decided to check it out and decide for myself. Thus I learned that Slate is full of shit. Sorry jackass that they didn't lay the plot right in front of you and hammer it into your skull. Their subtle approach has been a refreshing change of pace.

SPOILER: Let's take the "protector" of the oracle. Why would she even need one if she was trying to help control humanity. Why would the guy imprisoning the keymaker tell Neo that the oracle's time has come? Why would the oracle tell Trinity that she would love the one? According to the architect the main difference between he and the other 5 "ones" was his love for Trinity. Because of that love he decided to return to the matrix, destroying the fate of mankind, making a decision none of his predecessors had done before. This inevitably led to his stopping the sentinels in the "real world." Then again, it could all just be a lie and another method to control humanity. Like acid said, it's good to have a movie that makes you think. There are hundreds of these little quirks that made this movie great. END SPOILER

Most people probably didn't notice these things due to the amount of action throughout the movie. Unfortunately, the fighting seems to suffocate the plot and pushes it aside where few notice it. Too much of anything is a bad thing after all. Other than that this was an awesome movie, go see it, right now, RUN damn you!

Cons: Some scenes are just a little too long, such as the cave scene and the freeway chase. The intervals between fight scenes was about 30 seconds, maybe less.
Pros: Everything else.

EDIT/SPOILER: On that previous note of the "protector," who's to say whether he is also one of the previous anomolies? He was matching Neo move for move and was glowing gold. Bah, so many things, so little time.

RWS's rating: A-
Slate's rating: D
Saw it last week... was good, but I felt a li'l let down as nothing was overly different to impress me. That said, good one liners like "He's doing his superman thing", "I can't take much more of this", etc. made it interesting... along with some interesting twists....

So, I took it as a small stepping stone in stead. Didn't get to see the next trailer as my friends all decided to bugger off :/ That's what I get for taking them with me.;)