Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New clan
Stay Quick, I remember you, you'll see it's gonna be fun. This way when new people come in it won't be just 10 ut members playing.
The only diff it makes is that yall have diff tags..yall are the same ppl so really there is no diff...
First of all Quick I know Rico isn't getting any bigger especially with HL2 around the corner. That was one of the reasons I did this. If these are the last few months then it's a good way to mix it up and have fun. The whole Old School Name has nothing to do with how long we have been playing Rico. It has to do with age. I am the youngest at 24 (will be 25 next month). No one said anything about expanding the community. It does add some diversity. Why keep having for the most part RiP and uT? You are speaking out of anger Quick without knowing the facts.

I didn't curse you out when you left uT back in December for -i-. Cloud was nice enough to let you back in. I remember voting for you to be let back. I think we have valid reasons for doing what we did unlike when you left.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Guys please no bickering or anything. Quick if you want out that's fine. I won't stop you. I want everyone who's thinking about leaving, doubting the clan, or anything like that to leave. Then we can start fresh with dedicated members and players who'll stick with us. It'll be fine, just let things die...
I don't want to fight either. I expected people to be angry. If people don't want to talk to me anymore so be it. It is only a game. We all have more important things in life. I will not however let someone say things they know nothing about without getting the facts straight.
i support the OS guys 100%:thumb:
So is there a minimum age? That's discrimination!

Your age, is my rage!

- Jackie Chiles
of course you do kermit...of course you do...
Yes there is a minimum age but it does have a little leeway in it. Here it is word for word from PIX.

Members will be over 21 years of age or have shown GREAT maturity.
but there are only 3 spots left right? So yea...
sorry to spring this on you like this Quick, I never got a chance to talk with you about it before it all took place, but I diffinitly dont what you to leave the rico world, I talk with you more then anyone else on line and if you leave rico for good then we wont get to see each other near as much and I dont want that to happen, come on man stay and play, I know you dont play that much any more but the times you do play we have a kick ass time, I know I pissed you off but dont let that change your playing habits, stay and play at least til the new game comes out so we can keep track of each other in the new game also. you are my closest friend on line and I dont want to lose you over a new clan.

*holds hand out in friendship* come on man shake it :(
frito
Your point being Cloud?
Apparently everyone that's old enough to smoke and drink is "mature." That makes no sense. Not only that, but what's stopping anyone from lying about their age? The whole concept is flawed.
It doesn't really matter what their rule is about who can join...there are only 3 spots left, so it would be competitive, BUT they've ruled that out somewhat since they make it an older age person only spot. Like I said, though, it really doesn't matter, because if they have a rule or not they're still gonna pick who they want to pick and either they tell us the age limit or just pick people above that age and not announce it. Doing it this way they get the younger kids, like myself, off their backs...

Plus like P&G said, this rule is just a stepping stone...if they find someone who's underage but really mature and cool...well they'll be in...
It's not a flawed concept. We have NO ill will towards any person regardless of age. It's the same reason people under 21 usually don't get into clubs. People want to hang and chat together with people of same level of maturity. I think 90% of the community is mature, but each clan has to have 'something' that makes it stand out from others. If not, its just a name and that gets boring. I pulled this together at the last minute when I thought of all the older guys I socialize with and how much we had in common. We can talk about our careers and some of our unhappy marriages:(. Ricochet is just a game...a silly fun game. I want this clan to be more than just something for ricochet; I want it to be a place to retreat to and just shoot the shit. I know that HL2 will probably poopcan the ricochet playing....but I'm counting on putting in some strong roots here and giving a reason for people to check back in and see we're still here.

PS...I can always request a photo drivers license for each new member.:P
Why will HL2 put us under? Can't we just bombard the Valve peeps with emails and concerns?
well don't be to hasty, just remeber what drew you to rico in the first place and if you want to stay solo, thats cool, just play for fun.
Only OS clan understands my kidney stones and beer gut.
Gdamn...Jabba....Clan of the Gut. Marvelous!
Frito I know I couldn't sleep at all last night thinkin about this...And I decided to stay because of you frito..you are also the closest online friend...shit you know my exact address :PBut I will stay...Now on clans..they provide nothin to this game..so I think I shall go solo...I loved uT..But I think its my time to leave...it seems like I've been in ut forever off and on..So I'm here to stay but I'm flyin solo....
KICK ASS MAN!!!! :thumb:

frito "the trouble maker"
No matter what happens to Rico I would love to have the chance for us OS guys and others to expand out of Ricochet into other games. Tron is only 47 days away according to their website I would like our clan to take a shot at that if possible. The game seems to have a good tourney structure in place for some good clan matches. Also with HL2 83 days away maybe we could get in to the multiplayer aspect of that. Those are just 2 ideas I have floating around.
I'm in, and pix can send us all free copies of the game(purchased by him of course).

btw, quick. I'm glad you are staying it was between you and the cow and I don't want anyone bigger than me in here.
Get me the link for the Tron game. I wanna read up on it before i play a purchase.
tron20.net
well, no matter what happens i think we have a really loyal core group of people and those people are gonna come back to rico. i don't know the details of it, but i think that it wouldn't be hard to make hl2 work with hl1 if the mods don't cross over thats fine, we'll just have to have rico on hl1 and other stuff on hl2
Tron2 is not Ricochet, it's nothing like it, I play RC because it's something completely different, not like any other action game I have ever played, or possibly will ever play.

As for the RC community growing, wake up and get a new brain please.
_Acid_Head_,Jul 10 2003, 06:09 AM Wrote:Tron2 is not Ricochet, it's nothing like it, I play RC because it's something completely different, not like any other action game I have ever played, or possibly will ever play.

As for the RC community growing, wake up and get a new brain please.
who said tron2 was anything like rico...plus the rico community is growing..if you werent banned you would know:)
GRITS have you been keeping track of server activity? =) I don't think Ricochet is growing, I suspect it is very slowly getting smaller, but is in no danger of dieing anytime soon ...
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Who WANTS it to grow? I don't wanna fight for space on GRITS' servers. I love it just the way it is. I don't see it shrinking. I only see
these peeps who quit the game for a whole week in a cry for help and come back again and again.