Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New clan
It would be great for it to grow. More personalities, more conflict can be good too. Maybe even more servers would pop up. That Imglmewoewpop guy was trying to get something going I thought. Then some new clans might show up and clans always seem to want their own server. If the demand is there, the servers will be there. MORE MORE MORE!
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
I can't believe you actually think our community is diminishing. Let's take a look at a year ago.

There was one server at the time, maybe two that were dedicated and it was hard finding players.

Three months later, clans begin to appear and action continues.

Six months later we have major clans out and about and competitions occur.

Soon after that Grits arrives with new server and forums.

Soon after that uT gets a server (which is now Old Skool).

- You might also want to look at the fact that we have more people than ever on the forums, more annoying noobs than ever that join, but we ban them now so you see less of them. There are more badass players now, lots of up and coming players like Morning Star, oops/zig, Apex, Saturn0, etc.

I think it's clear that we are not dying, we are merely adjusting and evolving...
I don't think a history lesson is necessary to show that Ricochet has expanded from nothing. But every game peaks. I'd love to look at some hard data, but I'm sure Halflife and CS have already peaked. I think Ricochet has already peaked, but there are some new players just because it's summertime. Like I said, I don't think Ricochet is going away anytime soon, but it started dying the day it started.

The big question is HL2, where I imagine something simple like Ricochet could easily be ported. Ricochet on HL2 might be able to get something going again, but that would take some time.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Hey GWAR....how bout a linkie poo for OS on the left frame PLEEEASEEE!
Quote:but it started dying the day it started

by that logic ive been dying since the day i was born...which is true in a way. but then u could also say that for every mod and game.

All games die...if we dwell on ricochet dieing...it will die...just dont think about it...when the time comes, people wont have any interest in the game and therefore it will die. let that day come by itself...i personally dont want anyone to try being a phsycic and predict that day
That is completely wrong. You are dying when your cells stop regenerating or growing. Believe me, i'm on the other end of the spectrum.