Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
arena map layout
I thought you could set both the height and speed of the jump? Hmm. Appart from the jumps needing tweaking, what about the teleporters? I didn't mention them because I assumed they're incomplete. For one, the outer disc teleporters send discs to the wrong place (well, the wrong places I wanted them to be sent at least), second, there's a delay until they're teleported (unlike arena where teleportation is instant), and discs that go through teleports have no trails.

Ishboo, you take as much time as you need for this map, there's no pressure to get it done. I'd really like it to turn out perfectly.

edit: You sure about the spacing being too different from arena? Weird, well, all I know is that the jumps are so shallow and fast that I can't even stall on any of the arrows, you gotta curve back onto the pad or you fall. Anyway, if you need to re-arrange the pads, that's fine, my design is probably really flawed.

edit2: If distance between pads determines jump speed and height, then why are far jumps on DM maps so high and smooth? Maybe you should check out the jumps on those maps and see what's up.
I have a couple things for you guys to look for and test.

1. Try the jumps i placed in-between the #5 bumpers.
2. Make sure your discs are returning from the teleports, ive been having trouble with them.
3. Try using the rails to skip off and compleat new jumps.
4. Look for spots that new bumpers might be a good addition.

I can set the jumps to be more Smooth, i just need to custom talor the jump heights for each jump.
thats really odd that the disc have no trails, i thought they did. and that delay can be reduced by adding another teleport in each if need be.. which could make them less reliable. As for the discs coming out in the wrong places and if you dident notice they all come out in differnt places as well, it because they are all coming out at an angle which MUST be done custom for each... and i cant figure the math to get them all to go in the same place, just needs alot of tlc on that ;] you can go ahead and let me know where on that bumper they need to hit i tryed to get the disc to go past the outside of the pad and the place with the arrows.
1. I can make the jump, it puts you from that jump to the opposite no.6... pretty cool

2. I can't get any discs to return to me, they go off into space

3. Can't get any rails, but I can complete all the jumps I can think of without doing that.
so uh....any updates on this thing? i cant play it but i wanna hear about it.
i played it with olbest today on a dedicated server to test it. here the results:

u need to make more than only one spawnpoint to avoid stupid spawn-in-opponent-kills. and u need to make the spanpoint higher in the air. more than one bodylenght away from the pad that players can't spawn in other player who are just standing on this pad.

then u should change the speed and the high of the jumps. they are to fast and not i enough i guess. they should be like the jumps in rc_arena for example.

then u delete the timedifference berween shooting into a teleporter and the moment when the disk leaves the teleporter. this would it make easier to use them.

and there is a little graphicproblem: on the top of the pad in the middle(the one wirh blue and red) u can see the jitter-thing which is under the pad.

and another thing: i hit olbest with a pushdisk and he fell but he didn't die. he just landen on an invisible bottom of the map. thats a big problem cuz he could get up so i tryed to get down but I died.

guess that are the problems....it would be cool if u could fix them...

but the rest is ok or i only didn't find out the other problems
I have no idea how it works (or if it does), but placing the info_player_deathmatch entities 48 units above the spawn pad surface keeps players from spawning inside other players.
Cool thanks for the information... what the map is really lacking is play testing. But with this information I should be able to come up with another beta within a couple days. Most of the problems are easy fixes, unfortunately there is no way to adjust the speed of the jump other than adjusting the height of the jump (as far as I know) which needs to be carefully done to make the jumps feel slower. I will change up the spawns and see if they work right, I have 2 spawns in the none SP version each designated to a different team. But I think the SP version only has one. I can shorten the delay in the teleports but I don't think I can remove them entirely without having a stupid disc tracer flying across the middle of the map. Also ill go back and make sure the sky map is not above the fall trigger so no one can land down there.
Also I was wondering Gargoon... were you having problems with spawning in the SP version or the other one?
in both:(
I thought you died.

Looking forward to the next version!
gravity also affects jump height/speed

higher = faster lower
lower = slower higher

so does placement of the target...but thatd be a lot of PTing
Sorry to bump this ancient post but did this map ever get Finished for use? Cause it'd be nice to have another good arena map to play and i like the base design of it ;o can see it being interesting - though maybe a little on the big side for 1v1 - then again the current arena feels small sometimes.. But this could work well for 2v2 if it's finished?