Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RiP
what happened to g-boy?

and what happened to rulepool? perm gone!?
g-boy has school, he is currently inactive, rulepool2 is busy with life, also inactive.
:/ lil face,Nov 13 2004, 04:01 AM Wrote:(blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah)squared

edited by GRITS
lol ?
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
Well I had just stumbled upon this thread today, and I think there is dire need for the admins to give our position on what rules we are going to enforce on the server. We will stay neutral on everything else because its a clan issue, as long as the posts remain clean on the forums.

Shalk, you have left RIP. No matter what you did in the past, you still dont have the right to control it now. If Bill Gates quits microsoft then they can do whatever they want. I really hope you dont think this is personal, because it is NOT. I woke up to this thread and this issue today, and many other admins told you yesterday what they felt.

Beastie, its your choice on how you want to run the clan. Personally I enjoy the more relaxed/fun clan that KFC is trying to do, and that CAKE has done for awhile. Yet its up to you the way you want to run it. If you still feel like you would like it to remain more competitive, like the RIP vs UT rivalry, well I wish you all the best. My advice in achieving that would be to throw out challanges to other players of other clans. The last match I remember outside of the tourney in arena was you against me (if memory serves).

I want to make this very clear. If any admin uses their powers to punish a RIP member for wearing the tag, it will be considered admin abuse and will be dealt with accordingly.
my input=Compromise

This was not a rash decision by Shalk as some believe. He deliberated over it for a few days and discussed the whole situation with reciprocity (co-leader) tried to get in touch with RP2 (co-leader) and asked me my opinion on the subject. This is after the 'lil face' incident which seemed to be a catalyst for the mass exodus of many [*RiP*] members. The rules of the clan state that either 100% of the members or the leaders and 50% of the members are entitled to change the rules. Look at the following list, and do the math on how many of the players are still active and are not a part of KFC. Shalk and Reciprocity wanted the clan to go out with class and still on top. If you want to wear a tag from a clan you belong to it is not clan stealing, not in my definition of the term. But the whole thing has become a lot less than what I expected from the most elite group of players that have ever come together as a group. In my opinion...these players were [*RiP*], to start at the first rung of the ladder again with the tag takes away from what I think of as [*RiP*]. If Beastie wants a RiP clan I think it needs to be an offshoot and should be represented with a different tag for any new members.
This is my opinion....[*RiP*] is these guys/gals and there will never be another like it. Blame whoever you want on the break up but it did break up, by mass exodus and lack of participation in one form or another. Let it go out in the classy way it deserves, let the members use the tag, let the control pass to the members who want to stay together, with a new tag that shows the distinction. When companies are absorbed or change hands many times the names change with some reference to the original.

[*RiP*]Shalk
[*RiP*]g-boy
[*RiP*]acid_head
[*RiP*]KillingSpree
[*RiP*]RulePool2
[*RiP*]Reciprocity
[*RiP*]Beastie
[*RiP*]kermit.asm
[*RiP*]Gemakk
[*RiP*]Knightmare
[*RiP*]netniV
[*RiP*]Scrye
[*RiP*]NoGraffix
[*RiP*]RWS
[*RiP*]Freakazilla
[*RiP*]Apex
[*RiP*]dinosuar
[*RiP*]ThisIsTrippy
[*RiP*]Pique
[*RiP*]Vash.Ace.Shot
Thx GRITS, ALL those ppl can't understeand me, u are the only one who can really see it tho my eyes.
I though about it for the past few months, not the past few days, as u said, and i think the past members should be allowed to wear the tag, after all they was in, they earned it, but NOT recuiting ppl like raising RiP up again, if u see what i mean.
This seems like a reasonable solution.

So here is my idea for modification:

Those who continue to play from this list above can continue to wear the tag as it is. So those who may choose to come back, or those who come back from absence with no knowledge of this past week can wear it as it is.

Anyone who the clan recruits new, who were not members of the list above will have a modified tag, perhaps [*RiP2*] for example. (actual to be deturmined and probably voted on)

This way the 'original' members are recognized as such, and new members are identified.

Sound good?

ps, btw, note I was not an original member of the clan, and came around almost a year into it's existence. This shows that the clan has changed over time and has had to add/remove players. This will be no different This will just be another in a many tough times RiP has had in it's existence.
sounds like a nice place to close this for now.

lets all let things sink in for a week or so before we open this up again

Peace