Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer thread, or other drinks of choice.
I would assume eaten after. You would get a new one ripped if you mixed it, absinthe is way too damn expensice to mix. If anything layer it in a 1.5oz shot glass. Absinthe on top. Its like mixing XO coniac, you would get killed by people for doing that.
alright, I stumbled across a new mix tonight completely by accident. I'll spare te details but...

Guinness and whiskey (the measurements are unclear, we'll say a lowball of guinness mixed w/ a shot of whiskey).

I know I know, it sounds rancid but it actually fits well. It's not bad, it's not amazing but it's not bad. The guinness completely takes the edge off the whiskey and the flavours sort of compliment each other. Of course if you don't like guinness you'll hate it.
Theres a drink called "irish Car Bomb". Its like a Dr Pepper or Boiler maker. In i pint glass thats 90% full of Guinness you drop a shot glass that is 1/2oz irish whiskey and 1/2oz baileys (or any other irish cream). So you were close to that one.
Quote:Its like mixing XO coniac, you would get killed by people for doing that.

You can get killed by people for spelling it coniac. Don't you read labels?? :P

But back to the conversation... I have no problem mixing bad absinthe with anything. Its just when its la fée or better that I get a bit more careful (and make damn sure that if someones doing the sugar and water thing they know how to do it well).

I wonder if cheap absinthe and choco milk would work as a short... I can see that being a night ender if done wrong.

By the way, on a random tangent... how do you mix your black russians? The debate rages somewhat around people I know about how much if any guinness should be included.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
' Wrote:You can get killed by people for spelling it coniac. Don't you read labels?? :P

Yeah i could never spell.

' Wrote:By the way, on a random tangent... how do you mix your black russians? The debate rages somewhat around people I know about how much if any guinness should be included.

No Guinness in a black russian thats just nasty. Black russian is an oz of vodka and a half oz of coffee liqueur (kahlua/tia maria etc...). For a white russian you add milk, hence why guinness would be nasty in a black russian.
' Wrote:Theres a drink called "irish Car Bomb". Its like a Dr Pepper or Boiler maker. In i pint glass thats 90% full of Guinness you drop a shot glass that is 1/2oz irish whiskey and 1/2oz baileys (or any other irish cream). So you were close to that one.

we do somethin like that with guiness, drop a shotglass, with sambuka in, into the nearly-full pint of guiness. Not entirely sure why we have to drop the actual shotglass into the drink but thats what ya do O.o lol
infact we do that with carling aswel.. lol.. sambuka is the best drink ever^_^next to JackDaniels anyway. lol
Quote:No Guinness in a black russian thats just nasty

I know a few perfectly respectable people who enjoy a splash of guinness in their black russian. Don't ask me why... I'm not a coffee liquer fan and haven't personally tried it.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Mirror Pond, from the makers of Fat Tire is one of the best I've had, also anything from Rogue brewery is awesome, Hazelnut Brown Ale and Dead Man's Ale are incredible and they make one of the few stouts that I enjoy. Alaskan Amber is very good on tap as well. I love good hoppy beer

and oh for mexican beers, they are usually lighter, laggers anyway, Dos Equis, Pacifico and Negra Modelo are my favs, but must be served in a frosted glass with some lime squeezed in and a couple shakes of salt
lol dead man ale! that's what it's called. I saw in a gas station when i went to the states once but I couldn't remember if it was dead guy/man ale.