Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kanonball
go team! I think we're bigger than team canada now
Yea.. so far I've only seen CANADA|BRYAN & CANADA|JOSH... and then USA|MATT... sooo yea I'm thinking you guys are much bigger:)

Ya know.. it'd be cool if Kanonball had its own forums:)
tith hath beth pitchedth a whilth agoth.
this has been pitched a while ago.

anth weth arth largerth thanth teamth canadath by 1th playerth.
and we are larger then team canada by 1 player.
Well if we can get a server set up (I think GRITS is working on that.. but don't wanna put words into her mouth^_^) ... I think that might help to promote more of our rico peeps to up and check KB out. I agree with ya man.. this is DEFINITELY one of the most UNDER-rated, UNDER-funded, and UNDER-popular games I've ever run across...

I'd love to see them release the code and whatnot and see what our guys (Miagi, Pique, etc.) can do to fix this game up like they did with rico. :thumb:
there are no linux server files :/ ... I've already e-mailed the mod team leader about getting the source code but the e-mail address is apparently invalid now so i'm stumped server-wise.
What are the Canada guys using? Something other than Linux?? What's the team leader guy's name?
i guess linux kball-server still not working huh.
me myself, wouldnt know where to start.
any progress at all with u guys?

also check this one out: http://www.bitmap-brothers.co.uk/our-games...arena/index.htm

long live the community
some of u might allready know this but theres a channel on www.gamesurge.net
look for #RCKanonball
Grits, have you talked to holdouts at all? I'm sure he would probably have an Idea as to what to do.
' Wrote:Our servers are Linux

been a problem before with other games. If someone is willing to put some time into the server investigation I'm willing to fund the server, if we can get it to work.

:D
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

I took ur guys advice in downloading kanonball

addicting..
' Wrote:I took ur guys advice in downloading kanonball

addicting..

find me in the irc room and ill set us up a game. ull see its even better then arena:P
Yea SOAD and I played yesterday with TensionHead... he's pretty good, especially defense! A definite permanent addition to the KAKB community
also check out abandonia speedball link to see where i fell in love with the concept of kball. im getting all emotional just writing about it. melancholia at its best. better get a joystick too for this game cuz buttons are awkward.
hurray, we are getting the code for kball.
look at kanonball-modDB to see what sorts off things that are happening around the game and its "sequel" for UT2k4 called steel halo.
Don't get too ahead of yourself:PThe way I read it was that he has to look to see even if he has the source code plus he said he would have to speak with his team about it.

Quote:By -harsh | Fri 28th Apr, 2006 @ 11:45:03pm

Hmm never thought about releasing the source code to Kanonball for Half-Life before...never thought anyone would be intereted Ultimately that's been our greatest difficulty with Half-Life...keeping up with all of the patches...with a mod as radical to the core gaming experience of Half-Life, we suffered greatly each time something new came out...

Let me take a look through my archives to make sure I still have the source code first...then I'll speak to my team about it. I'd happily support it - there was talk some time ago about doing a Kanonball final release...mostly unifying the art assets and cleaning up the installer, as well as posting the source code...looks like we should ressurect the discussion

The move to UT2K4 is a positive one - what we've been able to achieve in 8 months far eclipses what we did on using Half-Life. And with UT2K7 just around the corner, the future looks very bright indeed...

Also be careful with your choice of words. I found this a few comments down from there that can be taken out of context by the developers:

Quote:By delarge | Fri 28th Apr, 2006 @ 1:23:12pm

o yea harsh,

could it be possible fo u guys to give us the kball code and everything?
we want to try if its possible to create a linux server from kball started that can be permanently on.
there are pple on vadavaka forum who have experience with doing such sorts of things and also willing to fund it.

That can be taken as we will pay them for their source code. All that Grits mentioned was funding the server. Keep in contact with Grits about all of this stuff if it does happen. She has been quite busy as of late so don't expect everything to happen pronto. :)

Would be nice of those guys to do that I will admit. You did a good job finding them:thumb:
[Image: b_560x95.png]
yea ur right, i was a little head of things there.
though i never even imagined someone would ask money for the code...
for the rest im not expecting too much of anything, no pressure,
just wanted to keep the fire burning:D
So whats the update? Are you guys still playing? enough interest to keep a server active?

Quote:ps: how does this quote thing work?
I just clicked on the quote box under your post and then cut everything but what I wanted to quote:)...fixed yours too, making sure there is [quote] at the begining of what you want to say and.....hahahah not going to do it because it will end up in a quote:)but use brackets still and the /quote at the end
Definately enough interest for a server and when delarge or whoever gets the source, we'll keep all of the senior staff updated as soon as we know anything.

go team!
far away, will our eyes now see the day
for today, the everlasting eternal sun
washed away, the dreams of a brighter day
forever hold the dream inside
the chance to fight another fight
the breaking hearts that stand for all our li-i-ives
live tonight

[Image: post-71-1127203434.jpg]
[Image: MrDucklover.png]
Quote:So whats the update? Are you guys still playing? enough interest to keep a server active?

I just clicked on the quote box under your post and then cut everything but what I wanted to quote:)...fixed yours too, ...

thx,
cant believe i couldnt figure it out by myself:blsh:
havin a server would be awesome cuz its the only thing that can keep the game alive.

p.s.: GRITS will u marry me...:wub:
hmm, typical...
managed to screw up a post once again.
sry
must be something in the food here:)
it is hard to figure out the quote stuff, I sort of fixed it
keep me informed of the availability of linux coding

p.s. :blsh:
Get a server and you'll NEVER get rid of DF and I...:)
hate to kick around a dead thread but what's the dillio, i havn't played kb in a while. lets try and start it up again!
Yes I concur! WE NEED MORE KB!!!!! RAAAAAAAWRRR!
i agree, i havent had my kanonball fix, and trust me,u wouldn't like me when i havent had my kanonball fix.
It's really hard to play KB when -

1) There is no dedicated server
2) Nor are there any people wanting to play when I want to play....

TEH SUX! :ph34r:

Quote:i agree, i havent had my kanonball fix, and trust me,u wouldn't like me when i havent had my kanonball fix.

That's assuming we liked you in the first place.... JK!