Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone still Play Ricochet?
I check the servers every once in a while and beat some nubs down, never any consistency however.
been playing now and then the past few days ..and its very boring without you guys <_<
Thinking about playing again, been hanging around the servers recently but no one around.
' Wrote:Thinking about playing again, been hanging around the servers recently but no one around.

That's cuz you scare everyone.:P
~Your Ticket To The Future is Always Blank~
I've wanted to play every now and then, but I couldn't get the game to work after tweaking it for my new screen. I got it working now just now, and it sure brings back memories...
' Wrote:I've wanted to play every now and then, but I couldn't get the game to work after tweaking it for my new screen. I got it working now just now, and it sure brings back memories...

Unfortunately the game just isn't the same without the community players who developed sort of a ricochet code of conduct as far as trying not to headstomp people, bump into them, or spam them with noob push discs:).

It's hilarious how much the current players don't even realize spawn protection, double-kill fix, use key fix, spectate fix, use of models, arena queue fix, white disc fix, dm1 DITS fix, 2v2, tournament mode, hl1dm maps, etc were all developed here lol. I think most think it was developed by valve:).

Not to mention 'cakewalking' and the 'wha' are no longer referred to as that:(.

I played the other day. The best memories it brought back was how I use to fall A LOT in sev's server when I first started. Those damn moving arrows!
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

I find that my instincts are to try moves that I can't do anymore, but you really know you're rusty when you load rc_clockwise and it doesn't mess with your head.
' Wrote:Unfortunately the game just isn't the same without the community players who developed sort of a ricochet code of conduct as far as trying not to headstomp people, bump into them, or spam them with noob push discs:).

It's hilarious how much the current players don't even realize spawn protection, double-kill fix, use key fix, spectate fix, use of models, arena queue fix, white disc fix, dm1 DITS fix, 2v2, tournament mode, hl1dm maps, etc were all developed here lol. I think most think it was developed by valve:).

Not to mention 'cakewalking' and the 'wha' are no longer referred to as that:(.

I played the other day. The best memories it brought back was how I use to fall A LOT in sev's server when I first started. Those damn moving arrows!

All of you guys really did change this game and make it ours.
It's ok if the new people don't know how much all of you did, the people who count do.
OMG......i found Ricochet again.....who wants to die by my disc of death! :D
I played yesterday and also hooked up my mIRC

I didnt remember that you hit y to talk. and had the worst time with getting spawn killed (obviously not our server) but I was playing tournament map so they at least liked the maps you guys made. I did get some kills but did not land the first jump that was not a noob jump.

Hopefully I will see some more people on.
I just went through all my old maps. It took me a good while to remember where I hid everything. Good times...

I wish these new guys would play some arena though:(
' Wrote:I just went through all my old maps. It took me a good while to remember where I hid everything. Good times...

I wish these new guys would play some arena though:(

Now you know a little of what you put us through, I still didnt find everything and that was with some personal help.
:rolleyes: ARENA ? who when where?
' Wrote::rolleyes: ARENA ? who when where?

I'd have to install it....and dust off my joystick...
I don't even know if I could run it on my laptop or not...