Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
try this reb/grits/whoever
try this 2v2....this may solve the spawn killing. The spectate command solves the whitedisc. We now have a playable team map.

only server has to update map. I only replaced the .ent file. First time i did this so i dont know how well it will work.

thx to cloud...he found a variable in an entity that i had overlooked...he actaully did something useful:P

Attached Files
.bsp   rc_2v2.bsp (Size: 340.1 KB / Downloads: 14)
.bsp   rc_2v2.bsp (Size: 340.1 KB / Downloads: 14)
hehe thx...it was merely and oversight by her...and a wary and curious eye by me...just glad that we've got this in effect before we embark on the clan matches.
$(*#@!^$(!(&^$!^@&$^*@!$^*!@(^*$!(^*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this works everyone will love you both!! At least I will:)
welll

IT WORKS!!!!! HOLY SHIT IT WORKS WE NOW HAVE A WORKING 2v2 MAP!!!

1 thing you must do before you play.

BIND A KEY TO SPECTATE
bind <key> "spectate"
NOW EVERYTIME YOU DIE HIT THIS KEY....EVERYTIME or you will get whitedisc
no more spawn killing:D!!!!!!
ok...still some bugs
but DEFINATLY LESS SPAWN KILLING...theres still some tho...im gonna release a beta 2...with other various fixes this will have spawns above the pad a decent amount

gonna add in those angled bumpers on both sides...instead of just the 1 side on each
make the pads look better
there seems to be a jump error too...dunno why its decided it doesn;t wanna work anymore
love the map more than the 2vs2, but has mighty potential, and you were great before it(dancing robot)
I thought of a solution for the spawn kills. I think you should be able to fit 4 spawns on one pad spaced far enough apart to avoid telefragging. if so, then you would have four times as many spawns. Therefore decreasing the chance of a telefrag by four times. Or you could just stack spawns above the pads. But more than 1 person high, and it would look too wierd spawning then falling so far.
you could do that
unless you love to edit coordinates in a text file you'd have to release a new version.
actually stacking people works just look at dm1 up to 3 people can spawn on one pad and it's hard to really notice since you fall so fast and there is normally a small lag before you respawn.
I was gonna suggest a similar thing, because within DM I am often being hit in the air as I spawn... maybe it's a case of adjust the Y co-ordinates enough so that a person effectively lands in place, rather than inside one another....

Still, that reminds me of a film ... oh the Matrix ;-)