Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Go?
PlanetHalfLife is going to send you to FilePlanet for any downloads so you know. I would recommend just doing a search for another d/l site unless you don't mind waiting in line at FilePlanet.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Yeah... but I mean you can get a list and description of games there. Also, fileplanet is fast once the wait in line is over... and a lesser mod won't have a very long line.
That's not entirely how the lines work. They don't stick each file on it's own dedicated server, they most likely have between 6 and 20 file servers with massive SCSI RAIDs scattered across several providers. Anyway, the lineup is from traffic at the server on which the specific file is hosted. They may try to split up the popular files amongst the servers just to keep the load relatively even (and the wait times short).
Hmm.. I always assumed that CS wasn't free since you had to pay for it in the shops... I already have VS but that's because I got it from somewhere other than Planethalflife or Fileplanet (both of which I knew about but didnt' realise the CS was freely available upon).
You still have to pay for half-life (ignoring warez for the sake of argument), so either way, valve gets money. Why do you think it's so hard to find half-life on it's own? They make _______ packs (pronounced "blank packs") to jack up the price so there is no way out (except warez). These _______ packs have names like "Half-Life: Platinum Pack" or "Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition" to make people think it's a cheaper alternative than buying a retail mod. It usually is, but if all you wanted hl for is cs, why would you buy the bundle except to have more than one cdkey?
hl was an impulse buy for me...i heard somebody in my cs class talk about how it was the coolest game ever...i had just finsished quakeII ten times...so i snatched it. i was with my mom at OfficeMax, and i threw it in her cart while she was gone looking for something. she noticed it of course, but i said in a whiny voice a sentence that should never be spoken by a 24yr-old man: "please mom...pleeease!...i'm broke and c'mon...it's only twenty bucks"...so, technically, i didn't even pay for it...^_^

so screw warez if you got a mom w/ a checkbook...:D

...yeah...i know i'm an ######-_-

:lol:
What can I say... I have a *cough* good friend who lets me use his HL cd coz he never plays it:)
All mods are free.
did my hint not give away that I'd figured that out when I said "I didn't realise it was free"... ?:)